Letter of St Paul to the Romans 11:1-2. 11-12. 25-29

Let me put a question: is it possible that God has rejected his people? Of course not. I, an Israelite, descended from Abraham through the tribe of Benjamin, could never agree that God had rejected his people, the people he chose specially long ago.

Let me put another question then: have the Jews fallen for ever, or have they just stumbled? Obviously they have not fallen for ever: their fall, though, has saved the pagans in a way the Jews may now well emulate. Think of the extent to which the world, the pagan world, has benefited from their fall and defection - then think how much more it will benefit from the conversion of them all.

There is a hidden reason for all this, brothers, of which I do not want you to be ignorant, in case you think you know more than you do. One section of Israel has become blind, but this will last only until the whole pagan world has entered, and then after this the rest of Israel will be saved as well. As scripture says: The liberator will come from Zion, he will banish godlessness from Jacob. And this is the covenant I will make with them when I take their sins away.

The Jews are enemies of God only with regard to the Good News, and enemies only for your sake; but as the chosen people, they are still loved by God, loved for the sake of their ancestors. God never takes back his gifts or revokes his choice.

[Since my childhood my father then told me that the Israelite are God's chosen people, but i keep on thinking why they were chosen.. they condemned and crucified my Lord Jesus.. so why they're chosen people.. this letter from St Paul to the Romans, give me the hint and i am certain that GOD NEVER TAKES BACK HIS GIFTS OR REVOKES HIS CHOICE.. He has promised to Abraham and God is faithful in His words. Praise God the Almighty Father forever and ever AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinar Kemuliaan

Sirakh 2:1-18

Mazmur 8:2-9 [Psalm 8:2-9]